vendredi 19 avril 2013

Anglais pour psychologues (Lynn Leger) : Letter to your child

In Paris, on 14th April 2036,


Dear Charles,

Son, today is your eighteenth birthday. I hope you enjoyed this day and that you will enjoy the next several years too. This day is particular special for you. You left your childhood and have just entered into adulthood. This is a little step for humanity, but a big step for a man. Charles, I know this age is the most complicated period. You have to make important choices in your life. Choosing the right direction takes time. And the time flies. But just know, I will be proud of you until my death. 
 
I have always desired to build a family. Because of love, you are here. And I’m still in love today. Love brought us a miracle. You have been the first fruit that has fallen from the divine tree. Nothing will be able to change that. Yes, I am too weepy with this letter here. You are so great now. I realize that it will be your turn soon to become a father. Giving life, isn’t it the meaning of life ? Without you, life can’t be. You were born at the right time, when we were really ready to welcome somebody in our life. 
 
It has not been easy to be a good parent. I tried to give the best education in spite of problems that can occur in a family. I tried to be a present father even if I work a lot. Family is a priceless treasure. Stability and security are important for a child. I educated you with discipline. But I have never been an authoritarian parent. I wanted you to be autonomous, to think by yourself and make your own decisions. This is the reason why you have grown so fast. I fear but I trust in you Charles.

Then I would like to explain other things. Sometimes, you don’t understand your sisters. But I think it’s just a question of age. They are still young. You have to be patient like me. Time will be right. Then you must know we try to educate you and your sisters in the same way. I believe it’s essential to unite family members. We were careful to give you the same affection. Unconditional love kills jealousy. Learn and apply this point, and you will be happy in family.

The road is still long. However, I think you are orientating yourself very well. You do what you like. And I hope you will succeed nicely in this way. If I have to give you three pieces of advise for your new life. I would say to you that you have to keep smiling as today. You are lucky to be an optimistic person. A smile is the best arm to overcome all fighting of human existence. Then, get to know yourself is the key for happiness. We can love only if you know yourself very well, qualities and weaknesses. And at last, if you make mistakes, learn from them to avoid making the same negative experiences again .
Finally, this was just to say I love you with the hope to see you next time with a woman who will make you happy.

With love, your dad.

(Note : 18/20)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire